Heavy data users who hate being throttled and labeled as “top five percent” can now downgrade their data plan for less data but without getting throttled with AT&T’s new data plans for smartphone and tablets users. The new data plans was announced today by AT&T which will replace the $15 and $25 plans AT&T currently has. The new plans offer more data than the existing plans for tablets and smartphones. AT&T’s curent customers can keep their existing data plan if they wish, but they can also upgrade to these new plans if they want. But new contracts after Sunday, January 22 will have to use this new plans.
AT&T’s new plans for smartphone customers will be:
- AT&T Data Plus 300MB: $20 for 300MB
- AT&T Data Pro 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T Data Pro 5GB: $50 for 5GB, with mobile hotspot / tethering
Tablets users such as Android tablets or iPads users will have:
- AT&T DataConnect 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T DataConnect 5GB: $50 for 5GB
These are the existing, which soon will be the old, data plans:
- DataPlus: 200 MB for $15 + $15 for each additional 200MB
- DataPro: 2 GB $25 + $10 for each additional GB
- Tethering: DataPro + $20/month (additional 2 GB of data included)
As wee can see AT&T needs more money and have decided to upgrade their data plans to increase the price, because people are using more and more data every day.