Not long after iPad 3 announcement, Apple released iOS 5.1 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The update makes Siri talk Japanese. It also brings several changes and enhancements for the camera. It now allows you to delete photo from Photo Stream. You will now always see the camera icon on the lockscreen of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. The iPad now has different redesigned camera icon. You will now see all detected faces highlighted in the camera. The update also claims to fix bugs affecting the battery life for many iPhone users. Here’s all changes and features this update brings:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
If you don’t care about losing your jailbreak, you can download this update via iTunes or the over-the-air update feature found in iOS 5 by going to Setting>General.
You can also download the firmware IPSW for your device directly from Apple’s server from the links below.