As a lot of people have experienced, JailbreakMe 3.0 on Verizon iPhone is very unstable; it causes the iPhone to get stuck on the Apple logo for ever after the phone freezes and you try to reboot it. Fortunately, the hacker behind JailbreakMe 3.0, @Comex, has provided a set of introductions that may fix this issue.
Here are the instructions provided by comex himself to fix this problem with Verizon(CDMA) iPhones:
A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
- Hold down the home and power buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”, then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
- Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w. Download:
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
- Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
- IPSW for your firmware version, if you don’t have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose “Install custom bundle“, and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally.
There is a separate bug where choosing “Re-jailbreak” would cause a device to be unable to boot. If you have this issue and don’t want to restore, contact me.