After three months of Apple releasing iOS 7, there’s finally a way to jailbreak it. iOS hackers group evad3rs have released their jailbreak program named evasi0n7 which jailbreaks iOS 7 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch 5 devices. The tool even jailbreaks the iPhone 5s, which is a complete new iPhone with a new possessor architecture. Okay, here’s what you’ll need to do to jailbreak your device…
Supported devices: All iOS 7 devices including iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Fourth-Generation, iPad Third-Generation, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch 5. It will not work on Apple TV or any iOS device running iOS 6.x.
Supported iOS versions: The jailbreak is compatible with iOS 7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, and iOS 7.0.4.
Before jailbreaking: before you begin the jailbreak process you need to do the following:
- Have a computer running at least Windows XP, Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- Back up your device using iTunes or iCloud.
- Disable the passcode lock on your device, if you use one. A passcode can cause issues during the jailbreak.
- Restore your device with iTunes if you ever updated your device using the over-the-air update feature, which is likely. If you don’t remember or not sure, restore it just case you ever did.
If you have done all that, then you are ready to jailbreak your device. Follow the guide below.
How to jailbreak iOS 7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
2. Unzip the evasion7 tool you just downloaded.
3. Plug your device to your computer and open up the evasi0n7 tool you just unzipped. The program will detect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch model and its iOS version. Just click the Jailbreak button.
4. When the progress is approximately in half, it will ask you to unlock your device and tap a new evasi0n 7 icon in your home screen. After tapping that icon, the progress bar will continue to do its work to jailbreak your device. It will ask you to unlock your device once again, and then it should be done.
5. Now that the jailbreak is done, Cydia should be installed on your device home screen.