On released the fourth update to iOS 8.0, the company released iOS 8.4 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users. Along with many improvements that fixes bugs found in iOS 8.3, the update bring new designs, new services and apps. iOS 8.4 comes with the new infamous Apple Music app and a redesigned Music app. After downloading and installing iOS 8.4, you will find the new Apple Music service within the normal Music app. Apple offers a free three-month trial for Apple Music. After the three months, the company will charge you $9.99 a month, or $14.99 for a family plan of up to six people people.
iOS 8.4 full changelog:
This update introduces Apple Music-a revolutionary music service, 24/7 global radio, and a way for fans to connect with their favorite artists-all included in the redesigned Music app. iOS 8.4 also includes improvements for iBooks and bug fixes.
- Apple Music
- Become an Apple Music member to play from millions of songs in the Apple Music catalog, or keep them offline for playback later
- For You: Members can see playlist and album recommendations, handpicked by music experts
- New: Members can find the latest, greatest new music available – direct from our editors
- Radio: Tune in to music, interviews, and exclusive radio shows on Beats 1, play radio stations created by our editors or create your own from any artist or song
- Connect: See shared thoughts, photos, music, and videos from artists you follow, then join the conversation
- My Music: Play from all of your iTunes purchases, songs from Apple Music, and playlists in one place
- Completely redesigned music player that includes new features such as Recently Added, MiniPlayer, Up Next, and more
- iTunes Store: Still the best place to buy your favorite music-one song or album at a time.
- Availability and features may vary by country
- iBooks improvements and fixes
- Browse, listen and download audiobooks from inside iBooks
- Enjoy the all-new Now Playing feature, designed specifically for audiobooks
- Books that are Made for iBooks now work on iPhone in addition to iPad
- Find and pre-order books in a series right from your library
- Improves accessibility of widgets, glossary and navigation in books made with iBooks Author
- New default Chinese font
- New setting to turn off Auto-Night theme in your library
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented Hide Purchases from working
- Resolves an issue that may have prevented downloading books from iCloud
- Other improvements and bug fixes
- Fixes an issue where receiving a specific series of Unicode characters causes device to reboot
- Fixes an issue that prevented GPS accessories from providing location data
- Fixes an issue where deleted Apple Watch apps could re-install
You can download iOS 8.4 via the over-the-air update iOS feature located in the device’s settings or by downloading it and installing it through iTunes.