When we thought T-Mobile couldn’t do anymore for their customers, the company announces a new way so their customers can benefit. The carrier on Tuesday announced Data Stash, letting customers on certain plan to pass their unused data for the current month into the next month. With Data Stash, unused data will rollover to the next month up to a year. Data Stash will not only be for smarphone customers, but tablet customers as well. Tablet customers with at least a 1GB plan will be eligible for Data Stash. Unfortunately, Data Stash won’t apply to all T-Mobile’s subscriber on any plan. Customers with plans such as prepaid, unlimited 4G LTE will not be eligible for Data Stash. Data Stash will begin on January of next year for eligible members.
How T-Mobile’s Data Stash works:
- Starting with your January bill cycle, Data Stash will be available to all T-Mobile postpaid Simple Choice customers.
- Sign up for a postpaid Simple Choice Plan with 4G LTE data for your phone (minimum 3GB 4G LTE data) or tablet (minimum 1GB 4G LTE data).
- Use your data all month to stream, surf, and download worry-free.
- At the end of the month, all your unused 4G LTE data – rounded up to the nearest megabyte – rolls into your stash to be used any time in the next 12 months.
Who’s eligible for Data Stash?
- Simple Choice customer paying for extra 4G LTE data
- Voice customers: 3GB‐21GB of 4GLTE data
- Mobile Internet Plans of 1GB – 21GB data
- Hearing and Impaired Data‐Only Plans of 1GB‐21GB
- Simple Choice No Credit Check, 3GB – 21GB of 4G LTE data
Who’s not eligible for Data Stash?
- Prepaid plans – coming soon
- Unlimited 4G LTE Plan
- Promotional offer: 4 lines for $100 with 10GB of 4G LTE data
- Simple Choice plan with 1GB of 4G LTE data
- Simple Starter Plans ($40 and $45)
- Promotional offer: Mobile Internet Match Your Data plan for $10
You won’t have to do much to join Data Stash if you’re eligible, it will be automatically added to your plan next month.