After more than six months of Apple releasing iOS 7 to developers, WhatsApp Inc. updated its WhatsApp app with the new iOS 7 user interface. The update not only brings the new iOS 7 interface, it also comes with new features and improvements. The app now lets you message multiple people at the same time. New alerts and sounds was added to the app’s settings. If you re-sized your device’s text in the general settings, the app will use those settings as well. You also have the feature to crop an image before send it to someone else.
What’s New in Version 2.11.5
– new iOS 7 User Interface
– broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
– improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
– large thumbs: see more
– new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
– application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
– new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
– crop image before sending
Reminder: you can backup your WhatsApp conversations into iCloud. Simply visit WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and tap on “Back Up Now”
You can download WhatsApp’s new iOS 7 update through the device App Store, or you can download the app from iTunes App Store.