Apple on Monday released a new update for iOS devices, iOS 5.1.1. This update fixes some bugs and offers some improvements (listed below) on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
iO 5.1.1 was released for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3 and 4G, iPad (1st generation), iPad 2, and the new iPad (3rd generation).
The update can be downloaded on your device by using the over-the-air update feature by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If you want this update, go plug your device on iTunes and update it.
You can also download the IPSW files directly from Apple using the links below and selecting your device…