Another update for Firefox is now available to download, Firefox version 8. Mozilla Firefox 8 will officially launch on November 8, this week. However, you can download it early from Mozilla’s FTP servers for Windows PCs, Mac, and Linux. Firefox 8 brings many new changes and improvements. The biggest change you will notice is that add-ons installed by third party programs will now be disabled by default. You will also notice that Firefox 8 now comes with Twitter in the search bar.
Here are the new change and additional features added in Firefox 8:
● Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
● Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
● Added Twitter to the search bar
● Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
● Improved tab animations when moving, reordering, or detaching tabs
● Improved performance and memory handling
● Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
● Added support for HTML5 context menus
● Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
● Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
● Improved WebSocket support
● Fixed several stability issues
You can download Firefox 8 directly from Mozilla’s FTP servers if you wanna try Firefox 8 right now and not having to wait until Thursday for the official release.