One of the most notable perks of being a Verizon customer is that you get Apple Music for free with certain plans. Just like with Disney+, if you’re currently paying for Apple Music and a Verizon plan simultaneously, you should check if your plan includes the free Apple Music account; this will save you some money in the long run. If you’re not sure if your plan has Apple Music in it, here’s the list of Verizon plans that include Apple Music…
Verizon free Apple Music plans
- Start Unlimited – Free Apple Music for six months
- Play More Unlimited – Free Apple Music for six months
- Do More Unlimited – Free Apple Music for six months
- Get More Unlimited – Free Apple Music as long as you have the plan
As you can see, pretty much all Verizon plans include either a six-month trial or a no-time limited Apple Music account. If you’re looking to take advantage of this perk, you won’t have to waste much time as this is something extremely simple to do.
Activate your Apple Music account
- If you haven’t done so yet, create your Verizon.com account. This can be done by downloading the official Verizon app into your mobile device.
- On your mobile device, launch the My Verizon app and sign in with your login credentials.
- Tap More > Add-ons & App > Entertainment. From there, scroll down and select “Learn more” under Apple Music.
- Next to your phone number, click Enroll.
- After accepting the terms, Verizon will send you a link via text message which will redirect you to the Apple Music app. This link will associate your Verizon phone number with your Apple Music account.
- Once everything is finished, you will have Apple Music for free as long you keep your Verizon plan.
Problem linking Apple Music with Verizon
Although the process of getting your free Apple Music account through Verizon is easy and should go with no problem, there’s been a huge problem ever since Verizon started offering Apple Music to their customers. If you first linked your Verizon account with an Apple ID – even if it was for the six-month trial – and then decide to use another Apple ID, you’ll eventually be stuck getting this error message: “This membership/subscription is already being used with a different Apple ID.”
A few months ago, it was impossible to fix this error; Apple would claim that it is Verizon’s responsibility to fix this problem and Verizon would’ve told you that it’s Apple who has to fix this problem at their end. Thankfully, this is no longer a problem. The problem ended up having to be fixed on Apple’s end.
To fix this issue, all you have to is:
- Go to Apple’s support site, and click See more products.
- Click Music, Apps & Services > Apple Music > Membership & Billing > Chat.
- At this point, all you have to do is let the customer repressive know that you would like to unlink your Apple ID from your carrier. After that’s done, relink your Verizon plans with your ID starting from step one.