If you have an iPhone that is locked to AT&T’s network lying around and would like to get it IMEI unlocked to use it with another provider, then do not pay a single penny to anyone else so they can unlock it for you. Unlike other carriers, AT&T has a very simple process that unlocks any iPhone as long as the iPhone meets their unlocking requirement. This process includes any iPhone model, models such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 6, 7, 8 to the iPhone 11. Also, and most importantly, you do not have to be a former or a current AT&T customer with an active account to request an unlock from the carrier.
Request AT&T iPhone IMEI unlock: To have your iPhone unlock approved by AT&T, this is how the circumstances of the account tied with the iPhone must be:
- You completed your contract (including paying any early termination fees) or paid off your installment agreement at least 24 hours before your unlock request.
- You have AT&T service and no past due or unpaid balances.
- Your device isn’t active on another AT&T account.
- You waited at least 14 days after an early upgrade to unlock your old device (30 days if you have a business account).
Even if you’re not sure whether your phone meet those requirements or not, it’s worth trying the process anyway. You will not lose anything other than to get your phone unlocked if it’s in a good standing condition with the carrier.
A&T IMEI unlock request
To start the process of unlocking your iPhone from AT&T…
- Head to att.com/deviceunlock.
- Select Unlock your device.
- Select whether you’re an AT&T customer or not.
- Type the IMEI of your iPhone. Can be found in Settings> General> About> IMEI
- Click next and fill your contact information form.
- Within the next 24 hours you should receive an email confirming that your device was successfully unlocked.
Unlocking the iPhone
After you receive the email from AT&T, to finish the unlock process all you have to is insert a non-AT&T SIM card into the iPhone and the phone will complete the unlock process by itself.